Friday, April 25, 2008

Fashion Wild Side

Do you ever see something on a model and think - wow, edgy but totally cool! I want that!!! People may have to take a second look when you are walking down the street (or in my case in St. Augusta - probably stare at me until I am out of their sight) but it is such a funky piece that it would be worth it. I always wonder if I had the money to do a run way look, would I really wear it?

This piece by Gryphon is one of those items for me. It is different - some may think this different is ugly but not this fashion maven. I happen to find it incredible! I will never own this piece because let's be honest, I already stand out enough - this would put me over the edge in this town (plus it retails for over a grand)....but I do like the picture of me wearing this walking in to Club Almar, getting some popcorn with box elder bugs on it. I go up to the bar and ask for a pomegranate martini - the lady looks up at me with her crooked teeth and says, "we make granite in these parts, we don't drink it. How about a Busch Light." Then I ask for a Red Bull Vodka - preferrably with Gray Goose. She responds, "Did you say you were going goose hunting? Not in a coat like that honey!" I settle for a vodka (top shelf Karkov) with whatever fruit juice she can find....all the while, everyone in their Polaris jackets with a button down shirt underneath with their company logo stitched on the pocked whisper, "She's not from these parts. That ones made in New York City."

1 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

New York City?! ...get a rope...

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home