Alexander Wang's Best of Fall
At 18, San Francisco native and fashion wunderkind Alexander Wang moved to New York to attend Parsons School of Design, taking internships at Marc Jacobs (my classic closet favorite for fashion forward funk), Derek Lam, and Vogue. By his sophomore year, Wang was already designing the first collection of his label, Alexander Wang, which would debut in 2006. Though predominantly clean and pure in aesthetic, the line also incorporates elements of street fashion and the imperfect, a juxtaposition of ideas that mirrors Wang's experiences and background. Obviously a man who is worth my attention! Here are some of my prefall favorites:
This silk-chiffon dress with boat neck and seam detail at front is a sure fire winner. Spaghetti strap detail, hidden zipper, and the best part - ruched chiffon train at open back. I think this would also look great with a visible bra in the back - very SJP. I will be watching for a mark down on this number:)

I also thought the zipper detail on this sweater was quite interesting. I see it with skinny jeans and my dark brown suede Manolo Blahnik boots!
This next piece is a great classic with an intersting twist that might be a must have. It looks great on its own or I could throw my new Joie black cardigan that I snagged at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.

This silk-chiffon dress with boat neck and seam detail at front is a sure fire winner. Spaghetti strap detail, hidden zipper, and the best part - ruched chiffon train at open back. I think this would also look great with a visible bra in the back - very SJP. I will be watching for a mark down on this number:)

I also thought the zipper detail on this sweater was quite interesting. I see it with skinny jeans and my dark brown suede Manolo Blahnik boots!
This next piece is a great classic with an intersting twist that might be a must have. It looks great on its own or I could throw my new Joie black cardigan that I snagged at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home